3D metrology is CIMS technology for accurate three-dimensional measurements of individual elements of a PCB circuit. 3D metrology options can also be integrated with selected CIMS AOI systems providing a live control loop for the purposes of quality assurance.
CIMS offers two types of 3D metrology:
+3DH: real time 3D-measurements of a height or depth of individual PCB elements achieving up to ±2~3 microns accuracy (subject to surface condition of a measured element). The measurements can be taken manually or automatically in pre-defined locations such as coupons or individual circuit elements.
+3DP: real time 3D profiling of individual PCB elements with up to ±1~2 microns accuracy (subject to surface condition of a measured element). This option is commonly used for measuring depth of dimples resulting from plating over laser vias. +3DP allows users to detect quality problems related to a specific process and provide data necessary for corrective action.
- Integration with CIMS AOI systems
- Eliminates external measurement process
- Fast and reliable
- Provides immediate feedback and live alerts
- Data collection and output option
- Pre-programmed offline
- Each 3D option are supplied separate or as a bundle
- Can be bundled with 2D measurement capabilities
- CDB/CDBIC connectivity – defects classification and virtual defects mapping
- Data output options